Thanksgiving is pretty much my favorite holiday. I mean, what fat girl wouldn’t love a day dedicated to nothing more than eating copious amounts of food? Plus there are no presents to buy just parades to watch, coffee to drink, pies to bake, and food food FOOOOOD to eat. But it is also a day to give thanks for your many blessings (count your blessings, name them one by one…. (sorry, I think I’ve mentioned before that sometimes the Mormon in me comes out – especially in the form of hymns)) and because I have so much to be thankful for this year I thought I should acknowledge it in some sort of public fashion. So, without further adieu, here is what makes my heart happy:
- My husband. I debated about putting the baby first, but he won out because without him nothing in my life would be possible, and I truly believe that. He is my best friend and the love of my life. He anchors me, he helps me, he listens to me, he loves me. Plus which, he puts up with all of my bullshit. I am a lucky woman.
- My beautiful new daughter. Nothing in this world could have prepared me for how I would feel about her. She is my reason for living and the coolest thing that has ever happened to me.
- My parents (all four of them). Becoming a parent has made me appreciate mine even more. They did (and continue to do) a whole lot of good stuff for me and my little family. Plus, they done raised me up right and taught me how to live the right way in a world that constantly tries to steer you in the wrong direction.
- My brothers and sister. They are the greatest friends and family anyone could have, and I miss them like crazy every day (come to Vegas, y’all! we’ve got SUNSHINE!)
- Jason’s family. I know some people are not so fond of their in-laws, but I really lucked out in that department. They are wonderful people who, like my own family, we could not have made it through the past year without.
- Having a job. I didn’t work for over a year and though it was nice being able to gestate in the comfort of my own home (especially with all the effing complications) we really need the money. I have officially graduated from my internship (I got a certificate and everything!) and am now a gainfully employed human once again.
- Our new apartment in a much better (read as hookerless) neighborhood. You guys, oh you GUYYYYS. We had to pass through our old part of town today on our way to somewhere else and EWWWWW I am glad to be out of there.
- The weather in Las Vegas. Thanksgiving forecast: Sunny with a high of 71. ’nuff said.
Okay. I have toilets to clean and mise en place to chop so I must away. Happy Thanksgiving y’all. Peace.